I don’t know about you but I am glad February is over. Not so much because it’s a crappy month but because March is better. March means that spring is coming and more importantly…baseball season is almost here! That means another 6 months of watching my beloved Mets suck ass and having to face the abundance of Phillies fans in my office. It’s fine, though. I’m not going to stop being a Mets fan. That would be like surrendering my dog or giving up chocolate. No way is that going to happen.
But more importantly, the end of February means another Bloggers Give Back donation. I really struggled with what to contribute to this month. There are so many good causes but for me, there was one I felt that I had to give to. It hits way too close to home for me. As part of my job, I sit on my state’s child death review panel. At the end of a meeting last month, I learned that 3 students at one school committed suicide within one month of each other and a middle school girl also committed suicide. I don’t know the reasons why and it breaks my heart that these kids thought they had no other recourse but to take their own lives. So, in their honor, I am donating my money to a local organization that assists with suicide prevention.
Moving on to happier things. Once again, my reader was filled with all kinds of blogging goodness. I almost feel like I need to stop doing these posts because it is a struggle for me to pick which ones stood out the most. But there were a few this week that impacted me for one reason or another:
- Debt Dieting from See Debt Run
- On Letting Go and Trusting from Mom’s Plans
- Workplace Bullies, Comeback and Fighting Back from Financial Samurai (this one really stood out of me because I spent 3 years working for the biggest bully I have ever met. What I experienced is it’s own series of posts. My method of fighting back? Leaving).
- A Part-Time Job: The Secret to Success from Bucksome Boomer
- 12 Reasons Why Blogging May Never Become My Full-Time Job from Fiscal Fizzle
- How Do I Stay Motivated to Pay Off Debt from Everything Finance
- Frugality is Exactly What the Economy Needs from Mighty Bargain Hunter
- How To Use Twitter to Improve Your Finances from Money Cactus
- My new site! This Independent Life launched this week so please go check it out.
- Fiscal Phoenix, where I wrote about When A Good Job Interview Goes Bad and When Grad School Goes Wrong
- Richly Reasonable, where I added another installment to my 52 Ways to Live Richly Reasonable series. This time, I talk about theater tickets.