I can’t believe another week has come and gone. On the plus side, I’m one week closer to my goal of quitting my full-time job and it’s one week closer to summer but it means that we are now one week away from two months of a very hellish schedule. Let’s just say my organizational skills and time management better show signs of improvement if I’m going to survive.
Two pieces of news: my new blog will officially be launching on the 29th and the book that I’m in (have I mentioned this?) should be released in the next few weeks. I’ll provide more details on that as they become available.
On the money front, I can say that I didn’t make one single unnecessary purchase this week (why, yes, those Peanut Butter Cups I bought were necessary because it was cheaper than getting drunk). I did use my iTunes gift card to buy one whole song (Authority Zero’s “One More Minute”) but that was with a gift card so it doesn’t count. I cannot believe I made it through an entire week without spending one unncessary dollar. I’m not a big spending tracker anymore but I usually spend some money during the week. I’m very proud of myself.
For Sharing Saturdays, I’ve decided to change it up a bit. Rather than separate my favorite weekly posts into different categories, I’m going to lump them all together. I think it’s easier and cleaner to look at this way. As always, it was so hard to pick which posts stood out for me the most this week because honestly, there is so much good writing out there. I narrowed it down to these but really, I could have just copied and pasted my entire Google reader for you:
- You Don’t Have To Be Famous To Be a Rockstar from Untemplater
- You Don’t Quit Because You’re a Quitter by Wealth Informatics
- 10 Ways I Save Money from American Debt Project (I thought this was nice counter to yesterday’s post)
- My Experience at a Storage Auction from My Journey To Millions
- 8 Ways to Attend a Business Conference for Free from Careful Cents
- Oh, Man! I Can’t Even Die Right from Step Away From the Mall (Nick and I have an agreement to be 8/8 by Labor Day)
- Procrastination for the Win? from Minting Nickels
- Take It Easy, Just Go For a Walk from 101 Centavos
I’m also a staff writer/guest poster at various sites. Here’s what else I did this week:
- Learning From Failure is a Stepping Stone to Success at Enemy of Debt
- Mistakes I Made So You Don’t Have To at Fiscal Phoenix
- 52 Week Prosperity Plan, week 5: Methods for Debt Repayment at Go Be Rich
- 52 Ways to Live Richly Reasonable: Pets at Richly Reasonable
- Temptation is All Around Us at A Straight Talk on Debt